(written from a Production point of view)
Worf's First Adventure is a Star Trek: The Next Generation - Starfleet Academy young adult novel – the first novel in the series – written by Peter David. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in August 1993.
- Cadet Worf arrived at Starfleet Academy as the first Klingon to gain entrance since the Federation-Klingon peace treaty. Raised on Earth by Human parents, Worf wonders if he is still a Klingon, the proud member of an honorable warrior race, or is he more... Human? Where does he fit in?
- Command-level classes fill his schedule, but nothing prepares him for his fellow cadets, among them his Human foster brother. Intelligent, ambitious, and confident, the Academy cadets make life difficult for the young warrior. How can he win over his classmates – including the always logical Vulcans and the fierce Brikar – if they are still trained to think of him as the enemy?
- When a routine trip to a training satellite turns into an unexpected disaster, Worf must unite the cadets and risk his life before a terrible accident destroys the entire mission!
Memorable quotes Edit
"If a tree fell in a forest and no one were around... then who would care?"
- - McHenry
Background information Edit
- This novel is the first appearance of several characters who later became regulars in author Peter David's Star Trek: New Frontier series.
- Worf's brother is identified as "Simon Rozhenko", however a later TNG episode, "Homeward", gave his name as Nikolai.
- The novel won the Middle Grades Golden Duck Award in 1994 for Excellence in Children's Science Fiction Literature. 
- Simon Rozhenko
- Mark McHenry
- Zak Kebron
- Tania Tobias
- Geordi La Forge
- Ensign, newly graduated
- Admiral, Dean of students at the Academy.
- Sergey Rozhenko
- Helena Rozhenko
- Vaguely humanoid species
- Prometheus Station
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|First novel in series||Star Trek: The Next Generation - Starfleet Academy||#2: Line of Fire|