Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
|No. of tapes:||1|
|Release date:||6 February 1996|
|Other release date(s):||3 June 1996 (UK)|
5 May 2000 (Germany)
|Reference:||80210 ASIN 6303944736 (US)|
ASIN B00004RT7R (Germany)
William Shatner's Star Trek Memories is a documentary from 1995 in which iconic actor William Shatner reflects on the "twenty-five thrilling years" he spent as part of the Star Trek universe. The documentary featured interviews with Shatner's fellow Star Trek cast mates as well as various behind-the-scenes crew members. The video was presented by ZM Productions, in association with Paramount Pictures, and released by Paramount Home Video.
Released on VHS in the US on 6 February 1996, the documentary was also released in the UK in the Star Trek: The Original Series - Tricorder Pack on 3 June 1996. A Dutch version was released in 1998 as part of a boxset featuring the second season of Star Trek: The Original Series. A German standalone edition was released a few years later on 5 May 2000. CBS also aired an abridged version of the special under the title Star Trek: A Captain's Log in 1995, which also featured a brief look at Star Trek Generations.
- From the US cover sleeve
- As James T. Kirk, the intrepid captain of the Starship Enterprise, William Shatner was at the forefront of the world's most popular sci-fi series. Now, for the first time, Shatner shares his personal remembrances of the original TV series and the Star Trek phenomenon.
- Joining him are original crew members Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols, and Walter Koenig. You'll hear the never-before-told stories behind Star Trek. How the fans rallied to save the show after it was canceled. How Chekov's look was styled after The Monkees' Davy Jones. Why the ship's chief engineer was Scottish, the origin of the Vulcan hand-salute, and much more.
- William Shatner's Star Trek Memories is the behind-the-scenes story of a classic series that lived long and prospered, hosted by the man who captained its amazing journey.
- Michael Mahler (Director, Co-Writer)
- Harry Werksman (Co-Writer)
- Jean-Michel Michenaud (Producer)
- Chris Cowan (Producer)
- George Zaloom (Executive Producer)
- Les Mayfield (Executive Producer)
- John Pace (Editor)