(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Where No Man Has Gone Before was an adaptation of stills taken from the first season episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before" of Star Trek: The Original Series, into a photonovel, the second release in the series. Aside from an episode cast list, the book also included a glossary and trivia quiz.
This was the second outing of the series which saw internationally translated editions, as far as can be ascertained.
- From the back cover
- The life of Captain Kirk is imperiled!!! Two starship crew members are suddenly endowed with superhuman powers to create...and destroy!
- The authentic re-creation of a thrilling voyage of the starship Enterprise...Over 300 action photographs from the episode The Trouble with Tribbles in the television series created by Gene Roddenberry.
Background information Edit
- In 1978, with the release of the fourth outing, this volume was included in a boxed set, containing the first four releases of the series.
- This was the second of Bantam Books's Star Trek photonovel releases to see internationally translated editions. Translated into Dutch as Waar geen Mens is eerder is gegaan, the Dutch language edition saw a release in 1978, whereas a German language edition was released one year later as Vorstoß zur Unsterblichkeit.
- Noteworthy was the release of a stand-alone Japanese language edition, entitled Dare mo mae ni ika nakatta basho, in 1980 as a companion piece – as was emphatically indicated on its back cover – to the 1980 Japanese language edition release of the Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The Photostory (hence the refit-Enterprise in the background of the front cover).
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|The City on the Edge of Forever|| Star Trek Fotonovels|
|The Trouble with Tribbles|