Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A warhead is the explosive on a projectile weapon. The word may also be used as a euphemism for the entire weapon. In most situations the warhead is attached to a device called a fuse, which detonates the weapon at an advantageous time.
Many different warheads have been used throughout the history of the galaxy. Examples include:
- Antimatter warheads, as used in photonic torpedoes. (ENT: "The Expanse")
- Bio-molecular warheads, that could be installed to photon torpedoes. (VOY: "Scorpion, Part II")
- Cobalt fusion warheads, as used in Lysian weaponry. (TNG: "Conundrum")
- Nuclear warheads, as used on Earth in the 1960s. (TOS: "Assignment: Earth")
- Photon warheads, as used in photon torpedoes. (DS9: "Tribunal")
- Photonic warheads, as used in Vissian torpedoes. (ENT: "Cogenitor")
- Plasma warheads, as used in quantum torpedoes. (DS9: "For the Uniform")
- Radiogenic warheads, that could be installed to torpedoes. (DS9: "Valiant")
- Subspace warheads. (VOY: "Human Error")
- Thermonuclear warheads, as used in Ekosian missiles. (TOS: "Patterns of Force")
- Tri-cobalt warheads, as used in Tricobalt devices. (VOY: "Caretaker"; ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly")