If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
Your recent interest in Awards of the American militaryEdit
Thanks for your interest in the American Awards article. Please be aware, before you start making major changes to that article, it was painstakingly researched to include examination and close-ups of every screenshot where a character has worn a military uniform.
Please also be aware that extensive real world material about military awards should be kept out of that article. It should focus on only those military awards which have appeared in episodes and films and then only briefly describe the award and the character who wore it. Extensive background material on the awards and precedence order has been intentionally left out since this can be found at Wikipedia which is linked on the bottom of the page.
I look forward to seeing what you have to contribute. I built that article literally from the ground up so I am a bit protective of it, but this is a free encyclopedia that anyone can edit, so good for you for your contributions! -FC 03:15, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
Please note that we do not allow personal images to be uploaded into our image database (See: What Memory Alpha is not). Those that have been uploaded, including the image on your user ,are subject to immediate deletion. Thanks. --Alan 04:30, 4 March 2008 (UTC)