Welcome to Memory Alpha, UncertainError! I've noticed that you've already made some contributions to our database – thanks for your edit to the "Marijne VII" page! We all hope that you'll enjoy our activities here and decide to join our community.
If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights, and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
- The above named user is the most currently available administrator to contribute to Memory Alpha; their signature was automatically added by User:Wikia. If you have any immediate questions or concerns, you may contact that user through their talk page.
Multiple Edits Edit
Please make use of the Preview button when making edits. This allows you to see what your edit looks like before you save it, which reduces the load on the database and makes the Recent Changes page easier to read. Thanks. 31dot (talk) 23:06, September 13, 2014 (UTC)
Removing info by accident Edit
Hey. When creating an article, please make sure that it is linked from other articles and most important from the episodes/films it was referenced in. Thank you. Tom (talk) 18:28, October 17, 2015 (UTC)
Hi, UncertainError. Please learn to indent your comments in discussions properly. Each post should not have successively more and more colons at the start; if you begin with one colon before your text, keep all your posts in that particular discussion with one colon. If you start with two colons, please keep all your posts in that conversation with two colons, etc. --Defiant (talk) 21:58, October 9, 2016 (UTC)
Page moves Edit
If you're going to move a page, with or without following the guideline, you're expected to cleanup the incoming links to that page, because we don't want links going through redirects without reason. - Archduk3 03:57, October 13, 2016 (UTC)