If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
Preview and capitalizationEdit
A couple of things. Please make use of the "preview" button when making edits rather than making a ton of edits on the same article in a short period of time.
Also, note that we capitalize the word Human here on Memory Alpha, since it is a species just like Romulan, Ferengi, and so forth.
Lastly, we refer to the movies as "Star Trek films". Not "Star Trek motion pictures". -- sulfur 19:06, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
Non-canon information in articles Edit
Please note that Memory Alpha articles only include canon information. If you are interested in contributing information from non-canon licensed Star Trek works (such as from games, novels and comics) you may want to check out Memory Beta. Thanks! 31dot (talk) 12:04, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
You moved the "Dramian system" page to "Dramen system" today with no comment as to why the move was done. Can you please note why this change was made? -- sulfur (talk) 11:30, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
Punctuation - again Edit
Please take a look at MA:STYLE, as you were told before. I just had to fix all of the quotes you modified on "A Man Alone". Please stop formatting quotes like this, it is not the proper way. --Delta2373 (talk) 02:42, February 29, 2016 (UTC)