Barely technically literate with these postings, I am a lawyer who has been a fan of Trek since the early 1970's. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I have a single viewpoint as regards this site it is probably to constantly question our assumptions and seek out legitimate source material from which to report information and draw conclusions.
Access to Research Material
In case anyone needs something researched and is willing to wait, I have DVDs of all the series and most of the movies (I need Director's Editions of a few), as well as:
- The Making of Star Trek
- The Making of Star Trek The Motion Picture
- The Making of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- The Making of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Captain's Log: William Shatner's Personal Account of the Making of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- A Vision of the Future - Star Trek: Voyager
- Star Fleet Technical Manual
- Star Trek Encyclopedia (1999)
- Star Trek Chronology
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual
- Star Trek: Aliens & Artifacts
- Star Trek: Star Charts
- Star Trek: Phase II
- Star Trek: The Original Series Sketchbook
- The Art of Star Trek
- TNG Writer/Director's Guide - 3/23/1987
- Robert Fletcher Production Notes, Divisions and Rank Insignia, Star Trek I, II, and III
- Star Trek Design Patents (Various)
And probably a few more things I've forgotten . . . .
1) Redraft Warp factor
2) Play with commentary on Star Trek Comic Strip (US)
3) Follow up on Talk:Aeroshuttle
4) Deuterium fixes
5) Constellation class rework
The canon policy, as modified, has been posted here. Aholland 00:04, 23 February 2006 (UTC)
Another version is here
Proposed Article on Law
My working version - which will likely take awhile - is here.
Article on Star Trek Design Patents
My final version of this article was posted here.
Article on the Star Trek Newspaper Comic Strip
I have added the article here.