(written from a Production point of view)
The true story behind the Day of Honor!
Treaty's Law is a Pocket TOS novel – the fourth novel in the Day of Honor series – written by Dean Wesley Smith & Kristine Kathryn Rusch. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in October 1997.
- From the book jacket
- The Day of Honor is celebrated throughout the Klingon Empire. But every tradition had to begin somewhere… Signi Beta is an M-class planet ideal for farming. The Federation wants Signi Beta, but the Klingon Empire has the stronger claim. Captain Kirk hates to lose the planet, especially to his old adversary, Commander Kor. Their mutual antagonism turns into an uneasy alliance, however, when yet another alien fleet attacks both the Klingons and the USS Enterprise. Now Kirk and Kor must rely on each other's honor – or none of them may survive to wage their war again.
Background information Edit
- Author Dean Wesley Smith noted that the pairing's assignment to this novel was based on their work on Star Trek: Klingon. (Voyages of Imagination, p. 424)
- The crew of the Farragut previously appeared in The Rings of Tautee, another Original Series novel by the authors.
Canon characters Edit
- Captain James T. Kirk
- Commander Spock
- Lieutenant Commander Montgomery Scott
- Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu
- Lieutenant Nyota Uhura
- Ensign Pavel Chekov
- Commander Kor
Non-canon characters Edit
- Captain Kelly Bogle
- Captain of the USS Farragut.
- Commander Lee
- First officer and science officer of the Farragut.
- Lieutenant Book
- Helmsman of the Farragut.
- Klingon colonist and leader of the Klingon colony on Signi Beta.
- Treaty's Law at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
- Treaty's Law at Memory Omega, the wiki for licensed Star Trek books, audiobooks, and comics
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Starfleet Academy|| Pocket TOS|
|Her Klingon Soul (VOY)||Star Trek: Day of Honor||Day of Honor (VOY)|