(written from a Production point of view)
Can Jake and Nog save the Allies in time?
From the book jacket:
- A blast to the past!
- Jake Sisko is wondering where life will take him next... and the answer is the past!
- Chief Miles O'Brien has promised to deliver a gift to a physicist, Professor Jonathan Vance. And Jake and Nog are allowed to accompany him to France. Vance shows them his "time machine," the first one ever to control time jumps with accuracy. When his assistant, Kruger, attacks him and steals the control device, Jake, Nog and O'Brien leap through the portal after him. They find themselves in Normandy, France, in 1944 during the middle of World War II. With Kruger joining the ranks of the Third Reich as a colonel, history is about to be changed forever. Can they stop Kruger from informing Hitler that a secret invasion will happen in Normandy?
Jake and Nog are in Paris where they chase a Changeling back in time to the Resistance Movement in Paris in the 1940s. Along the way, Jake meets a girl who turns out to be a distant ancestor of Picard's.
- This story takes place immediately after the events of DS9: "Paradise Lost".
- This novel was also published in library binding hardcover by Sagebrush in October 1999 (ISBN 0613103211).
- This is the first original novel based on Deep Space Nine to feature Jean-Luc Picard as a character. He would later appear in several DS9 Relaunch novels, including Avatar, Book One, Avatar, Book Two, Demons of Air and Darkness and Unity.
- The front cover of the novel depicts Paris during the Nazi occupation in spite of the fact that the 1944 segments of the story all take place in Normandy.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#11: Day of Honor: Honor Bound||Pocket DS9 Young Adult||Final novel in series|