(written from a Production point of view)
They publish a mix of reprints and brand-new titles for the UK market. Formed in 1981, the company has released a wide variety of titles, including an extensive line of Star Trek reprints, beginning in 1987 with Chain of Attack. They continued, re-printing a number of novels published by Bantam Books and more recently by Pocket Books.
In 1996, they published The Making of Star Trek: First Contact which collected articles about Star Trek: First Contact previously published in the Star Trek Magazine. In 2009, they released Star Trek - The Art of the Film, a behind-the scenes companion to Star Trek. With these, Titan Books started a trend in that original English-language Star Trek reference books were published that had no US pedigree and/or counterparts, and as such taking over to an extent the role Pocket Books previously had.
Original Series novelsEdit
When reprinting the Original Series novels, Titan ran its own monthly numbering scheme, which did not correspond with that of Pocket Books. This was largely due to the fact that Titan began with Pocket's most recent bimonthly release at the time, Chain of Attack, slotting in older novels where possible. Following excellent UK sales of the first three imported US "giant" Pocket paperbacks, Titan repackaged several of the heftier regular Pocket numbered releases, and giving them "giant" novel status for the UK market.
The exception to this reprint release was the novelization of Star Trek III which, although forming part of the numbered series, had already been licensed for publication in the UK through Granada Books.
Following The Great Starship Race, Pocket Books began releasing the novels through Simon & Schuster UK.
Next Generation novels were released by Titan in the same order as Pocket.
- "The Landmark Crossover"
- "Encounters With the Unknown"
- Star Trek Comics Classics:
- Star Trek TNG Comics Classics:
- The Making of Star Trek: First Contact, 1996
- Star Trek - The Art of the Film, 2009
- Star Trek: The Art of Juan Ortiz, 2013
- Star Trek: Federation - The First 150 Years, 2013
- Star Trek: Costumes: Five Decades of Fashion from the Final Frontier, 2015
- Star Trek: 50 Artists 50 Years, 2016
- Star Trek: The Art of Juan Ortiz - The Next Generation, 2017
- Star Trek Beyond - The Makeup Artistry of Joel Harlow, 2017
- The Art of Star Trek: The Kelvin Timeline, 2017
- Star Trek Discovery: Official Collector's Edition, 2017