(written from a Production point of view)
Benjamin Sisko asks Nog, hoping for entrance to Starfleet Academy, to accompany and guide a young Klingon officer named Gronn, the son of Commander Wartok, on a diplomatic mission to Ferenginar. At a casino on the planet, Nog and Gronn learn about each others' cultures and form the beginnings of a friendship.
- This was the second of two books in the "Celebrity Series" published by Malibu Comics.
- The title card is done as if the original title were "The Rules of Acquisition", but changed at the last moment to "The Rules of Diplomacy" by writing overtop of the old title.
- Aron Eisenberg (the actor who played Nog) wrote the story for this issue.
- Phil Crain contributed an editorial commenting on his impressions of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and how the character of Nog represents "the kid in us, and that's what Nog represents; a purity of soul we all hope we'll never lose."
- Chris Kipiniak contributed a two page biography of Eisenberg to finish the issue.
- Based on:
- Writers: Aron Eisenberg & Mark Paniccia
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in Malibu DS9 characters.
Regular and recurring characters
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|"Blood & Honor"||Malibu DS9 Special||Final issue in series|