Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
Martok fights to retain control of the Klingon Empire, while Worf and Ezri Dax go in search of the Klingons' most revered icon of power.
- From the book jacket
- "The true test of a warrior is not without...it is within."
- Sins of the past collide with hopes for the future as Martok fights for the right to lead the Klingon Empire. With the secret of his usurper exposed, the ousted chancellor and his ragtag band of followers embark on a desperate plan to retake the empire.
- But while Worf, Ezri Dax, and the crew of the IKS Rotarran go in search of the Klingons' most revered icon of power, Martok is dealt the most crushing blow of all – driving him to make his final stand on the ice-strewn cliffs of sacred Boreth. As that frozen world reverberates with the song of armies and bat'leths clashing, the mystery of Martok's past, and the future of the Klingon Empire, is revealed.
"That's right," Ezri said. "You spent several years aboard the Enterprise, didn't you?"
"The D, yes. It was my home for almost three years."
"Have you seen the latest incarnation, the E?"
Alex smiled. "Yes. She looks like a hawk, a predatory bird. My Enterprise was more like a big, friendly fish."
Ezri laughed, especially when she turned and saw what she had to assume was an appalled expression on Worf's face.
"A fish?" he asked.
- - Ezri, Alexander, and Worf
"Down here, we could defeat many of them. We know these tunnels."
"You are correct. We could defeat many, but not all." He closed his eyes and seemed to be listening. "Several hundred, including Hur'q."
"And how many of you are there?"
"That's it? Your great secret warrior society numbers thirteen?"
"How many did you think there would be? Our order rarely leaves Boreth, so very few know we exist. Besides, few Klingons find our cold and relative quiet to their liking."
"Good food, though."
"Thank you, kr'tach. My honorable mother's recipe."
- - Starn, Angwar, Pharh, and Okado
- Cover art was done by Cliff Nielsen.
- Ezri Dax
- Alexander Rozhenko
- Kahless (clone)
- Kira Nerys
- William Ross
B'Moth, IKS; Boreth; Ch'Tang, IKS; clone; Dax, Curzon; Dahar Master; Dax, Jadzia; Decker, Matt; Deep Space 9; Dominion; Dominion War; Emperor; Enterprise, USS (NCC-1701); Enterprise, USS (NCC-1701-D); Enterprise, USS (NCC-1701-E); Federation Council; Ferengi; Gamma Quadrant; general; Gowron; Grand Nagus; Great Hall; Gre'thor; House of Martok; Hur'q; Jem'Hadar; Kahless the Unforgettable; Khitomer Accords; Kirk, James T.; Klingon Defense Force; Klingon opera; Kor; Koroth; Negh'Var, IKS; Orantho, IKS; Picard, Jean-Luc; Qo'noS; Rom; Romulan; Rotarran, IKS; scientist; Sisko, Benjamin; Sto-vo-kor; Surak; Sword of Kahless; Trill; Trill (planet); Ty'Gokor; United Federation of Planets; Vulcan; Vulcan (planet); Yan-Isleth; Ya'Vang, IKS
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|The Left Hand of Destiny, Book One|| Pocket DS9|
|The Left Hand of Destiny||Final novel in series|
|As release order||Chronological order||The Lives of Dax|