(written from a Production point of view)
Utilizing the Unreal Tournament game engine, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine – The Fallen focuses on the quest to find the lost orbs of the Pah-wraiths capable of releasing the "fallen gods." The Cardassians, the Dominion and the Bajorans are all eager to obtain the artifacts for their own purposes – and only the Federation stands in their way.
- Avery Brooks and Colm Meaney were the only Deep Space Nine stars to not voice their respective characters in The Fallen. Ezri Dax (Nicole de Boer) does not appear, as the game is set in the series' sixth season. Cirroc Lofton did not voice Jake Sisko as the character does not appear. Notably, The Fallen marked the only time that Terry Farrell reprised her role as Jadzia Dax after the character's death in DS9: "Tears of the Prophets".
- Some story elements from the Millennium novels were incorporated into the game's storyline, including the Grigari race.
- The Vorta Luaran previously appeared in DS9: "Tacking Into the Wind", which takes place approximately a year after the events of the game. In both the relevant episode and the game, she is played by Kitty Swink, the wife of Armin Shimerman.
- Rom, Leeta, Kai Winn, Admiral Ross and Morn all make non-speaking cameo appearances on the Promenade between missions.
- Michael Bell (Obanak) previously played Groppler Zorn in TNG: "Encounter at Farpoint", Borum in DS9: "The Homecoming" and Drofo Awa in DS9: "The Maquis, Part II".
- Author William Sims Bainbridge looks at the depiction of religion in The Fallen in his book eGods: Faith versus Fantasy in Computer Gaming.
- Rene Auberjonois as Odo
- Michael Bell as Obanak / Wraith Obanak / Bajoran Man
- Kurt Bonzell as Bajoran prisoner
- Michael Dorn as Lieutenant Commander Worf
- Richard Doyle as Bajoran Fanatic / Bajoran male officer / Obsidian soldier / Rogon'Ogar
- Paul Eiding as male Vorta / Starfleet officer / Bajoran scientist / Zurris
- Terry Farrell as Lieutenant Commander Jadzia Dax
- Michael Gough as Chief Miles O'Brien / Male Obsidian Order / Bajoran monk
- David Graf as First Tugol'atan / Bajoran officer / Obsidian soldier
- Zachary Harris as Klingon warrior / Xono'Clan / Bajoran monk
- Nancy Linari as Terrell/ Dejar / Obsidian Order female / Bajoran female
- Kevin Richardson as Captain Benjamin Sisko
- Andrew Robinson as Elim Garak
- Armin Shimerman as Quark
- Alexander Siddig as Doctor Julian Bashir
- Kitty Swink as Luaran / Kijana / Bajoran officer female
- Nana Visitor as Major Kira Nerys
- B.J. Ward as Obsidian Order female / Computer voice / Starfleet officer female / Bajoran nun
- Andre Ware as Bajoran officer / Tugol'atan / Obsidian soldier
- Written by: David Mack
- Set Costumer: Fran Murphy
- Story by: Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens
- Voice Recording Director: Kris Zimmerman
Bajoran; Cardassian; Cardassian Union; corophizine; Danube-class; Deep Space 9; Defiant-class; Defiant, USS (NX-74205), Dominion; formazine; hydrocortilene; Jem'Hadar; Klingon; latinum; Memory Alpha; Miranda-class; Pah-wraith; phaser rifle; Prophets; Ross, William; Terok Nor; tricorder; United Federation of Planets; Vorta