(written from a Production point of view)
With Sisko away, Kai Winn takes command of Deep Space Nine!
The Conquered is a Pocket DS9 novel – #24 in the numbered series, and the first novel in the Rebels trilogy – written by Dafydd ab Hugh. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in February 1999.
- From the book jacket
- When Captain Sisko leads the Defiant on a dangerous mission into the Gamma Quadrant to liberate a conquered world, the Bajoran government insists that Kai Winn Adami, the Federation's longtime nemesis, assume complete control of the space station. Left behind by Sisko, Major Kira expects the worst from the Kai's new regime, but even she is caught by surprise when a fleet of alien warships attack Deep Space Nine!
Background information Edit
- Author Dafydd ab Hugh is erroneously credited as "Daffyd ab Hugh" on the cover.
- The novel's title does not appear on its cover, where it is identified as Rebels, Book One of Three. The Conquered appears only on the inside title page, and identifies the book in Pocket's backlist.
- While Kai Winn's younger self and a few other Bajoran rebels are on the front cover, the main "A" story of this book is about Captain Sisko and the Defiant. Winn's story is relegated to a very tiny "B" story that is picked up in the second Rebels book.
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in Rebels characters.
Regular and recurring characters Edit
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#23: The 34th Rule|| Pocket DS9|
|#25: The Courageous|
|First novel in series||Rebels|