(written from a Production point of view)
An all new adventure spanning three generations!
The Brave and the Bold, Book One is a Star Trek novel – the first in The Brave and the Bold duology – written by Keith R.A. DeCandido. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in December 2002.
- From the book jacket
- The Malkus Artifacts: four deadly machines, wielded as weapons of absolute power by an interstellar tyrant thousands of years ago and scattered across the Alpha Quadrant when he was overthrown. After their existence was discovered in 2151 by Captain Jonathan Archer of the Starship Enterprise, all Starfleet vessels were warned to keep an eye out for these most dangerous devices...
- One hundred years later, Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise and Commodore Matt Decker of the USS Constellation come across the first artifact on the colony world of Alpha Proxima II – a world ravaged by a mysterious plague. As the crews of the two mighty vessels work to find a cure and locate the artifact, two brave captains must bring order to Proxima before it's too late!
- One hundred years after that, Commander Benjamin Sisko of Space station Deep Space 9 enlists the aid of Captain Declan Keogh of the USS Odyssey to help construct a farming colony on Bajor's second moon – but the colony is placed in jeopardy when the Bajoran terrorist Orta discovers the second artifact and threatens destruction on a massive scale!
Background information Edit
- The prologue is set just before ENT: "Breaking the Ice".
- One of author DeCandido's goals in the second part of this novel was to explore the apparent antagonism between Keogh and Dax as seen in DS9: "The Jem'Hadar". (Book Two, Afterword)
- Jonathan Archer
- Malcolm Reed
- Travis Mayweather
- Hoshi Sato
- Charles "Trip" Tucker III
- Matt Decker
- James Kirk
- Leonard McCoy
- Montgomery Scott
- Hikaru Sulu
- Pavel Chekov
- Benjamin Sisko
- Jadzia Dax
- Jake Sisko
- Miles O'Brien
- Julian Bashir
- Kira Nerys
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|First novel in series||Star Trek: The Brave and the Bold||The Brave and the Bold, Book Two|