Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I watched this episode recently and, I know where the term "wisps" comes from, but should we really call them that? I understand that there isn't an official name for them but "wisps" sounds a bit silly. It was just something that was said by Malcolm that one of the beings said was acceptable as a way of describing them. I don't think we should take that as a species name. IMO it should be something along the lines of "Perceptive Energy Lifeforms" or simply "Energy Lifeforms. But, this is a community project so if everyone else thinks the title is OK, then so be it. Just a thought, though. :) TrekFan 18:48, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- From the episode:
- REED: "When we were outside, we saw a wisp of vapour penetrate him. Did you have anything to do with that?"
- TUCKER (Possessed): "Wisp. Interesting word. Wisp. Wisp. Yes, I suppose you could call us that. Wisp."
- So the beings themselves thought the name appropriate. :) -Rhinecanthus rectangulus 19:08, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Yeah but he's just saying that to describe them. I don't think he meant it as an actual NAME for their species. It's like a quadruped saying, "You're a biped?" to a Human and the Human replying "Yes, I suppose you could call me that" even though HE knows his species is called Human. Catch my drift? TrekFan 22:09, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- In the absence of any other name, that's what we should call them. Better than having "Unnamed energy lifeforms" or whatever.– Cleanse 23:28, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Well, I thought I'd bring it up anyway. It just sounded a bit strange to me, that's all. TrekFan 23:33, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Perhaps the above quote should be incorporated into the article, and make it clearer "wisps" are not their real name, thats just what the Ent crew called them. That first sentence in particular, should make it clearer. "The energy life forms known to the crew of Enterprise as "wisps"..." or something. - AJ Halliwell 23:59, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
That's a good idea. It makes the reasoning behind the article name more clearer. TrekFan 11:41, 12 June 2008 (UTC)