Some of the recent omissions seem a little excessive. Warren Stevens did appear in a film with George Takei. Isn't that noteworthy? I understand this isn't supposed to be IMDb. But, some of us read articles to find Star Trek-related information, not reaffirm what we already know. A lot of people didn't know Warren Stevens appeared with such and such actors and are unlikely to do the detective work to find out themselves.--Mike Nobody 22:57, 25 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- I think that the George Takei link on this page would be useful. I would support you adding it back into the article, even though another archivist just removed it.
- Thank you Mike, for using this talk page to suggest changing the article! This is such a helpful way to help us add a link back into the article, even though someone else just removed it! Great! -- Captain Mike K. Barteltalk
- While I have only a peripheral interest, as I personally don't work on performer articles as often as other archivists, i think this case helps to clarify what could become one of the prerequisites for expanding a performer article -- "has the performer appeared in any type of production with a main character performer?" -- many of these actors might've.
- Personally, I find some of the really obscure information (that hasn't already been combed through 1,000 times) the most interesting. The Six-Degrees-of-Seperation phenomenon really holds true when you find out such and such guest stars and such and such extra/stuntman not only appeared in the same Star Trek episode, or another movie, but working together on a really strange project together (like an obscure porno or something). I just find that kind of thing fascinating.--Mike Nobody 04:39, 26 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- I've made a proposal at Ten-Forward that we keep all this info, but make it into lists separate from the main body of the article -- that way we can be a useful resource for Six Degrees players (sometimes i think this kind of niche reader is our most mainstream demographic) -- Captain Mike K. Barteltalk 05:51, 26 Nov 2005 (UTC)