Memory Alpha

Talk:Warp bubble

Back to page

42,608pages on
this wiki
Add New Page


I'd like to propose that this article be renamed "Static warp bubble" or "Static warp field," as it is more descriptive to this phenomenon. I just rewatched the episode, and dialogue makes it very clear that the term "warp bubble" is simply a synonym form "warp field." We could add a disambig link at the top for Static warp shell. Thoughts? -Angry Future Romulan 16:40, July 30, 2010 (UTC)

It's been awhile since I've seen Dr. Crusher vs. the universe, what terms were actually used in the episode? Where all these terms used? - Archduk3 17:58, July 30, 2010 (UTC)

It was alternately referred to as a static warp bubble, a warp bubble, a static warp field, and simply a warp field. But it seemed that one of the unique aspects of this phenomenon was the fact that it was static. -Angry Future Romulan 19:09, July 30, 2010 (UTC)

But mostly just as a warp bubble (5 times) so it is the most common term for it. I got the sense that a warp bubble is a type of warp field, not that any warp field is a warp bubble. Or has the term been used in other episodes as a synonym? --Pseudohuman 19:15, July 30, 2010 (UTC)

So then, what about "Static warp bubble?" -Angry Future Romulan 19:22, July 30, 2010 (UTC)

In "Interface", warp bubbles are stated to be a type of subspace deformation not normally produced by the warp drive. I would support redirects for the alternative terms, but the most common term should be the name of the article, I think? --Pseudohuman 19:29, July 30, 2010 (UTC)

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.