Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Not a huge deal, but I was looking over the context in which Vulcana Regar is referred to and I am not convinced that it is simply "a city on the planet Vulcan", like the Star Trek Encyclopedia indicates. The "official website" isn't as clear, nor is it any more reliable, in the first place. In either case, the form in which both episodes cite the name can be interpreted the either way, in my opinion.
- "Coming of Age" states, simply: "T'Shanik of Vulcana Regar."
- "Fallen Hero" states: "It was at Vulcana Regar, wasn't it? During the second Ka'Tann conference..."
The way I read it, is that it is a Vulcan planet, thinking of it the mindset of say, Terra Nova or something. What do the rest of you think? Is it a too presumptuous to say that it is a city or should it just be left for the reader to decide? -- Gvsualan 00:39, 10 Dec 2004 (CET)
- Take the safe road.. be unspecific about the facts we don't have, refer to this as a location, or settlement, with a population, rather than using the more specific "city" or "planet" (or "station" for that matter, we really don't know). -- Captain Mike K. Bartel 01:10, 10 Dec 2004 (CET)
- I interpret it being more likely a city. People usually use "at" when they're talking about a location on a planet ("I'll meet you at the T'Karath Sanctuary") and "on" when they're talking about a planet or space station ("I'll meet you on Deep Space 9"). I know that's not solid but I like the Encyclopedia's interpretation that it's a city. -- EtaPiscium 16:33, 13 Dec 2004 (CET)
- The usage "There was a battle at Deep Space 9" is just as common, IMO, when using it in the "locational" sense rather than the "onboard" sense, so that's really a non-issue. Vulcana Regar, if a city or region, could be on Zeta Orionis XII's 47th moon or it could be a suburb of ShiKahr, who knows? -- Captain Mike K. Bartel
Almost 2 years later I appear to have caught something I missed the first time around:
- "I've met the ambassador before though she clearly doesn't recall. It was many years ago on Vulcan during my early schooling. She had just negotiated the Treaty of Ka'Tann and I traveled a great distance to see her."
I think in our assuming that Vulcana Regar is "a great distance", we are assuming that she is traveling off world, and forgetting that for one to travel about their own planet can still require traveling great distances. --Alan del Beccio 00:31, 22 August 2006 (UTC)