Deleting a sentence Edit
I'm deleting the following sentence, but would just like a record of it in case someone feels it should be re-inserted.
- "It is likely they possessed warp technology, as their technology otherwise was superior to the Federation's in every way."
I think that is a little presumptuous 'cause a species can develop advanced technology in certain areas without developing them in others. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
- It would be interesting to know how the Vians proposed to escape a super nova without warp drive. --Alan 01:59, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Extremely advanced transportation technology? If they can teleport the population of a planet then that isn't too far-fetched. (220.127.116.11 02:29, 13 March 2008 (UTC))
The article states that the Vians apparently could read the minds of Humans. What does it base that off of? They could've just scanned the ship's memory banks to determine the identities of the crew and to create the mirage of the search party.
- I'm not sure that was ever said in canon, and it would be speculation otherwise.--31dot 00:43, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
Deleting incorrect information Edit
I've removed a line that stated the Vians were immune to the Vulcan nerve pinch. In fact, Spock effectively uses it twice in the episode "The Empath" to take the Vians' energy device. The first time he uses it the Vian actually drops to the ground, the second time he uses it on the Vian's arm just to take the device, but there is still an obvious effect. Thus no immunity. Not sure how that glaring error even got on this page.
18.104.22.168 16:10, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, it's not an error, and I'm going to restore some sort of note. When Spock drops the first Vian, the latter recovers within seconds, indicating either a resistance to the nerve pinch or an immunity to it, and he was faking. The second possibility seems more likely to me, given the directing of that scene, but it's not ever stated. It still, in my opinion, bears mentioning. -Captain Reid (talk) 06:55, March 31, 2017 (UTC)