Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I had removed the note completely because it reveals nothing significant about this class other than the fact the game gave it a different name, which is information specific to STO(just technical stuff). Our general convention has been to avoid noting the mere appearance of something in STO. 31dot (talk) 22:00, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
- aww... fine whatever....--Marhawkman (talk) 04:46, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- The reason I added it back in is because it's not just stating an appearance. The game actually gives it a different name to what is stated in canon and therefore that should be a legitimate apocrypha note. Some readers may find it interesting to learn. I agree if it was simply, "The Venatic-class starship appears in Star Trek Online" and that was it, then fair enough. But the fact it has a different name (and whatever else), makes it a relevant apocrypha note. --| TrekFan Open a channel 08:28, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
I'm not sure I agree but I am not concerned enough to get into a discussion about it- but I think the best way to mention just an alternate name would be to link to the appropriate Memory Beta or STO wiki article. 31dot (talk) 12:28, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- it's a new thing in the game, and STOwiki hasn't been updated with it yet. Apex_Battleship --Marhawkman (talk) 16:25, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- I agree we don't need the full history of the in-game ship, but it doesn't hurt to include the information as apocrypha. After all, Memory Alpha aims to be a complete resource for Star Trek knowledge, which does include background information. Why take a piece of information that is, in my opinion, noteworthy away from an article? However, in the spirit of community-ness, I am happy to discuss it here until we come up with a consensus on the issue. --| TrekFan Open a channel 21:08, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
We aren't responsible for what other wikis do or don't do. I'm sure it will be updated when someone (or even Marhawkman) gets around to it. I am content with leaving the note as is along with adding an external link. There is a difference between Star Trek knowledge and STO knowledge(which is much more technical and specific, and has a specific wiki for it as well) 31dot (talk) 22:14, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- I agree there... I forget why I mentioned the current lack of update on the STOwiki page.... Anyways. This is at least 2 orders of magnitude lower than the STOwiki page. STOwiki pages about ship classes have full sets of stats for the ship. Since one version of STO's Apex is playable, that version will also have a comparison chart to let players compare it to similar classes of ship.--Marhawkman (talk) 18:51, February 3, 2014 (UTC)