Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Do we even know that this person is Romulan? I took it that this was the Romulan ambassador from Cardassia, not the Cardassian ambassador from Romulus. Is there any evidence anywhere that Enabran Tain even had any Romulan enemies? TribbleFurSuit 03:33, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, I think somewhat by the language used. Generally speaking in most things I have seen, that sort of title would mean he is the Romulan ambassador, as in from Romulus. For example, John Adams was the American Ambassador to the Court of St. James, not the British Ambassador. This is supported in Trek, for example in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country we have the Romulan Ambassador, a Romulan, and I do believe that Worf was called the Federation Ambassador to Qo'nos, not the Klingon Ambassador. Given the how the Tal Shiar and Obsidian Order got along most of the time (not getting along), and that Garak himself was stationed on Romulus, it makes sense for Tain to have a Romulan enemy, or a dozen. --OuroborosCobra talk 04:10, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- We do know he had a Romulan enemy. It is named here, and by just about every single naming convention I have seen for Ambassadors, it means this guy is Romulan. --OuroborosCobra talk 05:19, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
OK yeah but do you know it's a guy? :P nevermind that. Actually do you know what the heck the Romulan Ambassador's background note is talking about? "Broken Link" doesn't say anything about Romulan deaths. TribbleFurSuit 05:39, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- Indeed it does:
- GARAK: "Ah, yes. The Assassination of Proconsul Merrok of Romulus. Such a tragedy. I met him once, a few weeks before he died. I was working as a gardener at the Cardassian embassy."
- ODO: "You were a gardener on Romulus?"
- GARAK: "My specialty was Edosian Orchids. Beautiful yet highly toxic."
- ODO: "As I recall, Proconsul Merrok was poisoned."
- GARAK: "Funny, I don't remember that. But then again so many Romulan dignitaries died unexpectedly that year."
- BASHIR: "It must be hard to keep them all straight."
- GARAK: "You can't imagine."
- So several, in fact. --Alan 03:50, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
- Indeed it does: