Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I was unsure as to what categories to put here, so I put Federation starship(since it was purported to be one) and Fictional Characters(as there is no Fictional starships category). Any better ideas?--31dot 15:17, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
Does this really deserve an article all of its own? Surely a mention in The Arsenal of Freedom is sufficient, given that it was only used once, and by one character. From the in-universe perspective, only a couple of people could have known of this reference, and they'd probably have forgotten about it not long after the incident.– Pesky 09:46, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
- I would say yes, because a user could potentially look it up, but it's not a big deal to me.--31dot 21:55, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
Was it ever said onscreen (or for that mater anywhere) that the ship was named USS Lollipop?--UESPA 13:20, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
- I don't believe so. I think Riker said "The name of my ship is the Lollipop." Maybe a name change is in order?--31dot 14:55, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
- Here's the conversation according to the ep page:
- "Tell me about your ship, Riker. It's the Enterprise, isn't it?"
- "No, the name of my ship is the Lollipop."
- "I have no knowledge of that ship."
- "It's just been commissioned. It's a good ship."
- Seeing the USS was left off the Enterprise, couldn't we argue it's implied? It was intended to be a Starfleet ship. Besides, USS Lollipop sounds cooler than Lollipop (Starship). :-)– Cleanse 01:19, 3 April 2008 (UTC)
- There's argument to support both names: given that Riker is a Starfleet officer, it stands to reason that the (supposed) Starfleet officer to whom he's talking would assume Riker's ship has a USS designation; but since Riker never specifically calls it the USS Lollipop, we shouldn't assume that is what he meant.
- Personally, I'd prefer this page didn't exist at all, but of the two names, I think just "Lollipop" is more appropriate.– Pesky 00:31, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- While normally we should severely limit implications here, I think this is a unique circumstance, given that the ship is fictional. I agree with Cleanse that the USS should be implied, given that it was supposedly a Starfleet ship.
- On a seperate subject, this article could be put in the proposed Fictional technology/objects category.--31dot 00:41, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
I only brought it up because I wasn't sure if it went along with Canon policy, but I do see your points. Also, Cleanse is right it does sound cooler this way. Long Live the UE
- I turned it into a note, since this can be cited.–Cleanse ( talk | contribs ) 23:07, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
That works. :) --31dot 01:22, October 30, 2011 (UTC)