Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Some more injokes can be made out in the data file pertaining to this starship. The captain of the ship is identified as Capt. Douglas Adams. The registry of the ship is NCC-42. The message was sent by "Dent Arthur Dent", from the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation. The rest of the text is either illegible or filler text that also appears in other messages in this sequence of files. --Jörg (talk) 17:13, July 27, 2012 (UTC)
Transcript of Mission Order Edit
- Line 1: TO: CAPT DOUGLAS ADAMS
- Line 2: USS HEART OF GOLD NCC-42
- Line 3: (Space)
- Line 4: FROM: DENT ARTHUR DENT
- Line 5: SIRIUS CYBERNETICS CORPORATION
- Line 6: (Space)
- Line 7: SUBJECT: SURVEY OF SECTOR 500/32450
- Line 8: (Space)
- Line 9: STARDATE: 41[...]
- Line 10: (Space)
- Line 11: [...] IS TO MODIFIED TO AVOID SUB-
- Line 12: SECTORS [...] STRONG INTERFEROMETRY SCANS IN
- Line 13: [...]
- Line 14: (Space)
- Line 15: THIS REQUEST HAS BEEN SUPPORTED BY FLEET TACTICAL COMMAND AND IS FOR DIPLOMATIC REASONS
- Line 16: RELATING TO NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE ANTICAN GOVERNMENT. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF THIS
- Line 17: MESSAGE THROUGH SUBSPACE COM NET SECURITY MODE 045, CODE 100 ALPHA.
Oh Come On... Edit
Are we going to start saying automobiles were standard auxiliary craft aboard starships too? SUVs can be seen parked in some MSD's of ships. This is just ridiculous. NCC-42... 220.127.116.11 05:36, May 7, 2014 (UTC)
The Argo is not an SUV. 18.104.22.168 08:25, May 7, 2014 (UTC)
- No, but it is a ground vehicle, so it is not unreasonable that a starship would carry ground vehicles. As long as something appeared in one of these sources it can have an article. BTW, if you want to sign with a username, please register it, or log in if you have already; merely typing a name does nothing to identify you as any user can type it. 31dot (talk) 08:53, May 7, 2014 (UTC)
Vandalism to this article by anonymous user 22.214.171.124 was reverted, apparently this user fancies the idea of writing a different history of this vessel than that which was described by the brief info given in the canon source.
this article should maintain facts only from the canon source. revising the history of the ship to fit another interpretation of its registry is not allowed. -- Captain MKB 20:42, January 27, 2015 (UTC)