Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I removed the following from background info:
- It is at least possible that Trelane's emotional problems are a consequence of his parents' somewhat lackadaisical approach to child rearing. They admitted to indulging him too much. They sent him conflicting messages about the nature of the humans, and they did not pay enough attention to him while he was at play. The notion of what amounts to a juvenile delinquent in training with access to this type of sophisticated science and power is doubtless responsible for more than one sleepless night at Starfleet Command.
Over the top speculation.– Cleanse 07:39, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
- I removed this for speculation:
I found a citation for the statement that Bart LaRue was the voice of Trelane's Dad, i.e. an interview with Doohan published in Starlog 20 years ago. Not to mention that anyone listening to that voice on the episode, and comparing it to Yarnek, can very obviously tell its the same person speaking. But, yes, I know, we need a source. So, I added one. -FC 19:31, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- I never doubted the factuality, but good job to you for including a source. Let's keep it. But it does not have anything to do with my reversion of your edit. My reversion was because there was nothing wrong with the original statement of fact. It wasn't worded speculatively, it was just un-cited. On the other hand, there's no reason to say "the voice is very clearly that of Bartell LaRue.". To say the voice "clearly" belongs to anyone in particular is not a statement of fact. I personally don't even know that other person was, so, it would never, ever be "clear" to me upon hearing it. Your wording is a statement of opinion, so, please keep the source you found but restore the original statement. --TribbleFurSuit 19:41, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
It was written that way over at Bart LaRue (i.e. the word "clearly") and there was never an issue over there about it. But, I guess we could modify it to take that word out if it indicates POV. -FC 19:53, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- I have, and I've also included your citatiton. --TribbleFurSuit 20:16, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- Part of the problem is... what species are they? :) -- sulfur 22:01, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Perhaps something along the lines of "Unnamed omnipotent beings"? There could be a subsection, or at least a link, to the Q there aswell. --| TrekFan Open a channel 22:03, March 15, 2011 (UTC)