Should be merged into one page, to include Trekkie and Trekker, if we're to keep them at all... zsingaya 21:00, 21 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- I have now merged the Trekker and Trekkie articles into this one, since Trekkie seems to be the one most used in english speaking countries. Please: See also the discussion at Talk:Trekker.--Peter R 15:23, 22 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Content on this page Edit
Why do we have this on the main page when it's hardly a page at all? I really think this should be made into some kind of comprehensive page about fans, although I have no idea how to approach that in an encyclopedic way. Maybe an overview of what would essentially be highlights from Trekkies and Trekkies 2 in terms of scope? Hmm, sounds like an interesting project. --Broik 10:13, 13 Dec 2005 (UTC)
german aspect Edit
When Sweden is of interest maybe it should be added that in Germany Trekkie will always be more popular cause "Trecker" that is spoken like trekker is kind of a nickname for a tractor (agricultural vehicle) --18.104.22.168 20:00, 5 June 2006 (UTC)
Removed quote Edit
The following quote was added to this page, apparently to represent to more fanatical Trekkies out there. It was placed under "parodies" – a stretch, at best, unless a source can be provided stating this was meant to parody Trekkie culture. --From Andoria with Love 05:38, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
- Kathryn Janeway: "I suppose he's the embodiment of what they admire. He can do something they can't, and that makes him special."
- Seven of Nine: "Perhaps. But that doesn't explain their interest in the minutiae of The Doctor's life. What does he do in his spare time? To how many decimal places can he calculate pi? This one wants to know his favorite quadratic equation."
Trekkie/Trekker Name Salution Proposal Edit
I think maybe since Roddenberry said it's Trekkie, and there are fans out there who only believe in Roddenberry Approval maybe those believing in that can be labeled Trekkies and the people that watch Star Trek in general can be Trekkers, and there is always the Niners(fans of DS9). _Whovian_Trek_ 15:21, August 17, 2011 (UTC)WhovianTrek
- Are you proposing a change to this article, or just discussing the use of the terms in general? Talk pages are used for the former.--31dot 15:28, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Well now that i think about it, I am guessing the terms in general... _Whovian_Trek_ 16:45, August 17, 2011 (UTC)