Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- The Ticonderoga was named as a subtle nod to the fan-based production Star Trek: New Voyages. It is the upstate New York hometown of James Cawley, who plays James T. Kirk in the series.
- This info comes from a Wired online profile on New Voyages. Sorry if we don't care how the ship got its name after all. I'm still new here.--StAkAr Karnak 15:36, 9 Dec 2005 (UTC)
The difference in the info i would recommend is --
- was the ship definitely named for Cawley's hometown because the writer intended to reference Cawley
- or did the writer name the ship Ticonderoga, and Ticonderoga happens to be Cawley's home town.
In a case like this, simply cite your sources back to where you got it -- if the Wired interview clarifies the context (which is what i was confused about) -- then by all means, cite the fact to Wired.--Captain Mike K. Barteltalk
I think i've found a compromise -- the data is cited and the reference is clarified
Earth Cargo Service?Edit
So, what about a tiny line, saying something along the lines like "while not made explicitly clear, the may have been with the Earth Cargo Service" I mean, I know someone outside the ECS could be operating Cargo ships, Earth in general, maybe Starfleet, but considering what we saw the portrayal of cargo ships in ENT itself, I thought maybe it might be worth a mention. --Terran Officer 18:03, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Eh..."may have been"... Sounds like speculation to me. -Angry Future Romulan 18:06, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
Well, obviously it could be better worded, but it's no big deal if people don't think it can fit, I was simply curious as to how (if at all) it could be worded and added in. --Terran Officer 18:07, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- You also provided your own reason as to why we shouldn't, that other groups might operate ships. :) --31dot 18:19, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
Fair enough, I believe it was worth a shot though, but it's also just as possible it was a Starfleet ship, or a Martian ship, etc... so...right.--Terran Officer 18:24, June 3, 2010 (UTC)