- MA files from this episode (22)
- Template:Titles/The House of Quark yields The House of Quark (DS9 3x03)
For general discussion on this episode, visit the DS9 forum at The Trek BBS.
Ferengi slaiva tastes like bitter acid to the Klingon tongue??? Edit
At 09:25 on 27 January 2008, User:K. Shinohara added the following:
- As displayed by the kissing in the shotgun wedding ceremony between Quark and Grilka, Ferengi saliva tastes akin to bitter acid to the Klingon tongue.
That's speculation and there's no canon basis for it. Indeed, it would be contradicted by the fact that Grilka and Quark kiss passionately during the Season 5 episode, "Looking for Par'Mach...". The most we should speculate is that Grilka's reaction is due to the disdain Klingons have shown for Ferengi and their behaviour in general, not because Ferengi saliva tastes funny! I suggest we remove the point added by User:K. Shinohara. Anybody agree or disagree? -- Taduolus 10:55, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
- I agree. The reaction is probably just towards kissing a "filthy ferengi". But as I self said, this is speculation. I am going to remove it, and after a discussion here we could put it back (You have already copied it to here). But otherwise, we don't put it back.-- Rom Ulan 13:55, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
- Just wanted to say that I also agree on the point that there is no canon basis for the taste of ferengi saliva, but there is a canon basis for the klingon disgust for the ferengi.-- Rom Ulan 13:59, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Citation needed Edit
I removed the following note regarding Richard Bellis, as it has lacked citaiton for just over a year now:
- At this time the producers were looking to bring in a third regular composer alongside Dennis McCarthy and Jay Chattaway, and Bellis was given this episode as an "audition piece." However, Rick Berman deemed the resulting score "too intrusive," and Bellis would not be invited back to Star Trek.
Rom's voice Edit
Isn't this the first episode where Rom has a new and different voice? Seems worth noting. 184.108.40.206 00:37, October 5, 2015 (UTC)