Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mechanics of telepathy?Edit
I've heard how telepathy in ST works, but what I don't get is how it works over subspace channels, or why it couldn't just be 'muted' to prevent Troi from telling Picard yet again that somebody "is hiding something" – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
Betazoid Send and Receive non-Betazoid Thoughts?Edit
I am currently fleshing out the article on the episode "Tin Man" and in it, Tam Elbrun sends the thoughts of danger and a warning to Gomtuu, so does this contradict the claim from "Encounter at Farpoint" that Betazoids can only receive, not send, thoughts to non-betazoid aliens? Lestatdelc 08:36, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
- I agree. Surely we have seen examples of communication between Deanna and other species telepathically. What about those aliens that kept telling her "one moon circles"? – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- Rather, I believe she just received thoughts from those aliens. Now, she managed to convey a message to them, but that could have been read from her mind by the aliens. --Fraek 21:00, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
- Quite true, but could it perhaps be that Riker was so tuned into her feelings that she could transmit her thoughts to him? Humans can develop telepathic abilities, after all. --Fraek 22:56, 14 November 2006 (UTC)
- Usually the telepathy of these half-breeds, without extensive training, is limited to communication with other empaths or telepaths and full telepathic contact with emotionally very close persons (Imzadi).
- I guess we have our answer!--Fraek 22:09, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
Misplaced attribution Edit
You put the attribution for the Charlie Evens reference to "Where No Man Has Gone Before". I believe it should be moved a few sentences to where you are discussing Gary Mitchell at the galactic barrier. Then attribute Charlie Evans the "Charlie X" TOS episode. Salud!--Marianware 23:30, 12 October 2008 (UTC)