The alien attacked by the future-Molly in "Time's Orphan" (DS9) was also called a Tarkalean by Sisko. He was one of the aliens frequently seen (especially in early episodes) as the henchmen of various villains (eg. Rao Vantika and the Albino). The fellow who forced Quark to eat bad stew in "Babel" was also of this race. This type of Tarkalean is totally differrent from the ones seen in "Regeneration". As Odo's reference to the character being a Tarkalean was mostly a throw-away line this mistake is understandable. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
- The "Tarkalean" in "Time's Orphan" was of the same species as Regana Tosh, Durg or Asoth. They were all Markalians, so maybe Benjamin Sisko just got the names of the two species mixed up. --Jörg 13:30, 5 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- I just watched the DVD of the episode, Sisko didn't say "Tarkalean" anywhere in the episode, the only line referring to the alien was Odo saying "The Tarkalean she attacked is pressing charges, Assault with Intent to Kill". -- 188.8.131.52 13:47, 5 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Here's the dialogue from the script of the episode, courtesy of here
- SISKO: "The Tarkalean she attacked is recovering in the Infirmary. Doctor Bashir tells me he should be on his feet in a few days."
- Odo gives O'Brien the bad news
- ODO: "He's filed charges against her -- assault with a deadly weapon."
- And exactly like that it is spoken in the episode. --Jörg 14:03, 5 Oct 2005 (UTC)