Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Standard format DVD releaseEdit
Hello, I was just wondering if there were plans to release the remastered Season 1 Original Series boxset on DVD only, just like they are doing with Season Two. No one really wants HDDVD any more and I was wondering of there was any news?
-- 22.214.171.124 12:49, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- First line of this page:
- "Star Trek: The Original Series - Season One Remastered is a combination HD-DVD/DVD release of the remastered Original Series - the dual-sided discs contain HD-DVD content on one side, standard DVD content on the other..."
- So they already did. --Alan 16:10, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
No I know they did a dual one, but number that is very expensive and I wouldn't watch the HD half and two they're not making HD DVDs any more. For Season 2 they are releasing just a DVD one and will they do this for Season 1 also. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
- Doubtful. At best. -- Sulfur 12:04, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
When they sell out of all of the Combo sets, they will probably make more Season 1 sets, and those new sets are almost certain to be DVD only. (It would be a waste of money to press more combo disce when HD-DVD is dead.) As for when we might expect Blu-Ray... —MJBurrage(T•C) 05:42, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
R2 Image ChangeEdit
Since the old R2 packaging looks exactly like the R1 packaging and since R2 customers are about to get a new version of the DVDs I changed the region 2 image to the newer style. --Mdw 19:38, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- You should still have put it under the "slimline" caption, though. It's also not a good idea to simply orphan images. If you don't feel it's needed anymore, you should put it up for deletion. I've restored it for now, to see what other people think. Does it still have a place? I think yes, as it's a different angle, and shows off the packaging design quite well. -- Michael Warren | Talk 19:42, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- Having both R2 versions stacked up at the bottom of the section really throws off the spacing of the page. What about moving the nice angled shot into the body article somewhere? Also, totally my fault for not putting the in the R2 slimline catagory, I forgot it M.A. was setup with one since R1 isn't. --Mdw 20:53, 25 March 2009 (UTC)