Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Merge with Edit
Merge with Stasis unit, or whichever term was most common, as the term was used interchangeably in "Dragon's Teeth" to describe the same device. --Alan 22:55, 2 May 2008 (UTC) My mistake, bio-pod, which redirects to stasis unit, was used interchangeably with stasis pod.
Otherwise, in terms of references:
- Stasis chamber had 10 references, and redirects to "Stasis unit".
- Stasis pod/Bio-pod was only referenced in VOY: "Dragon's Teeth", ENT: "Precious Cargo"
- Stasis unit: TNG: "Starship Mine", "Frame of Mind", VOY: "One", ENT: "Home"
So still merge to "stasis unit" and move that to "stasis chamber", the most popular term of the bunch. --Alan 23:03, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
- Merge - it's all pretty much the same thing, so a single article would be best.– Cleanse 00:23, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
- Merged and moved. :) --From Andoria with Love 08:43, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
- It should maybe merge with cryostasis chamber but not with cryogenic chamber. i mean i think that cryostasis chamber is the same as stasis chamber but cryogenic chamber is like a morgue, just for storage of something dead like a body for spy work.--CC-1990 (talk) 19:40, January 24, 2014 (UTC)
The term seems synonymous to me, Khan for example says in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan "...myself and the ship's company in cryogenic freeze" and the corpses in TNG: "The Neutral Zone" were frozen in containers "designed solely for refrigeration" but were still revivable like with a stasis chamber. --Pseudohuman (talk) 20:09, January 24, 2014 (UTC)
Merge, Part III Edit
Maybe we should have an article combined of stasis and cryostasis as the "process" and another article which is featuring all the chambersand pods as "technology"? This would include stasis chamber, cryogenic chamber, cryostasis chamber, and stasis room and also including all the redirects. Tom (talk) 15:52, July 31, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm opposed. From all the examples it's pretty clear that stasis is a general term for "pausing" life, which can be accomplished using a variety of methods, some quite different from cryostasis, whereas cryostasis is one specific such method. Merging those would be like merging impulse engine into propulsion. And as much as it would be nice to have all stasis-like tech on one page, they just seem like a wide range of different things. Stasis room in particular doesn't fit well in that list; it is an actual room in which machines stand in which people are put into stasis, rather then one of these machines. As a general principle, it's unfortunate that there's all these confusingly similar terms, but if the writers can't keep their terminology straight I don't think we should or even can just editorialize about what is equivalent to what. -- Capricorn (talk) 05:05, August 1, 2015 (UTC)