Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
FA status Edit
FA nomination (May 2005, Success) Edit
Terran Empire ranks -- A great article that has grown a lot due to both registered and unregistered contributions. I've done all the graphics I can for it, but there are three broken picture links. However, I think the article is already a superior source of information, and the remaining three pictures are already being laid out. -- Captain Mike K. Barteltalk 19:18, 12 May 2005 (UTC)
- Support. Well written with great artwork. -- SmokeDetector47 // talk 23:17, 12 May 2005 (UTC)
- Support - I love the rank pictures that have been produced recently, they really add to this article. zsingaya 15:33, 13 May 2005 (UTC)
- Support, this is a beautifully written article and the pictures are used perfectly. Definitely worthy of being featured, IMHO.--Scimitar 20:59, 15 May 2005 (UTC)
FA removal (20 May - 07 July 2007, Success) Edit
I really find nothing significant or special about this article or it's content, and believe that our standards for FA have changed significantly since this article was nominated. --Alan 10:21, 20 May 2007 (UTC)
- Agree, I think this is a prime example of how some favorite material gets the benefit of the doubt despite not having much "there" there. Logan 5 16:21, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
- Support. -- Renegade54 17:48, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
- Archived --Alan 07:08, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
I feel really good about the way this article is progressing -- obviously it has a lot of attention attracted to it from a lot of users because it was a "big-deal" episode -- some anonymous users have made good edits catching details on insignia and such, and structuring it has been fun for me
a couple issues:
- I removed a note on the MACO uniforms being black, as I was under the impression they were identical to the counterparts -- i wasnt sure if this was true or not. if anyone has any info on whether or not the uniforms were altered i'd love to see it added.
- I'm going to be adding some graphics (along the lines of the Starfleet ranks page) when i have time to render some. I think these, and some general uniform pictures, will make the article a good candidate for featuring.
The Fleet Admiral's insignia is incorrect -- the broad band on his epaulette was not gold -- also the (Vice) Admiral's insignia is much more complex than shown here: it has the chevrons and a red stripe between the lower silver band. The upper silver band is also thicker than the one below. See the gallery that I created or join the discussion at Spike's forum -- Kobi - (Talk) 14:00, 12 May 2005 (UTC)
- I'm welcome to some help Kobi, and I still have the template I used to create the images. I spent a long night screencapping so I'm open to some new interpretations, or some clearer views of regular universe Admiral stripes (Starfleet ranks). -- Captain Mike K. Barteltalk 17:48, 12 May 2005 (UTC)
Evil twins Edit
Star Trek being basically a soap opera, should there not be a definitive list of evil twins ? <non-signed, IP>
- We already have something like this, with a more Star Trek POV name, see: List of people from the Mirror Universe. - AJHalliwell 20:16, 31 Aug 2005 (UTC)
How do we know this? Edit
- "Before 2155, Starfleet uniforms were based on the counterpart universe Earth Starfleet. After 2155, Starfleet uniforms were based on those found aboard the USS Defiant. (ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly") The uniforms were altered to allow for some of the exceptions mentioned below and remained in service until at least 2267. (TOS: "Mirror, Mirror")"
Maybe I missed this in "In a Mirror..." I was just under the impression that the crew of Enterprise that beamed over in their environmental suits needed uniforms and used those of the Defiant's dead crew. I never got the impression that the TOS uniforms were adopted into the Terran Imperial Starfleet at that time. Is this Correct? -- Captain MAJ =/\=|**** 19:50, 28 June 2006 (UTC)
- You're right, it was never stated that Starfleet adapted the uniforms. The DVD commentary for the episode confirms your impression, btw. ;) --From Andoria with Love 09:47, 29 June 2006 (UTC)
- How can we re-word the paragraph so that the point is clearer? -- Captain MAJ =/\=|**** 12:20, 29 June 2006 (UTC)
- There ya go. :) --From Andoria with Love 03:46, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
Since "Terran Empire uniform" was moved to Starfleet uniform (mirror), this should probably be moved to the new name as well. Since the location is up for discussion, in a roundabout way, I'm actually for merging this with the current Starfleet ranks page, since it already deals with ranks seen in multiple universes/realities/timelines. Either way, I think the page would benefit from he formatting currently used at Starfleet ranks as opposite to the current layout, but the name/location should be decided first. - Archduk3 07:43, September 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with moving this to "Starfleet ranks (mirror)". I oppose a merge, but not strongly, simply because I think there's enough unique content here to justify its own page.– Cleanse ( talk | contribs ) 08:36, September 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I support moving to "Starfleet ranks (mirror)" but I oppose merging it with the "Starfleet ranks" page, it's a separate entity that this page page covers, even if the ranks and the names are the same.--Terran Officer 03:21, March 12, 2011 (UTC)