|Past and special-purpose discussions related to this article can be found on the following subpages:|
For general discussion on this subject, visit the forums at The Trek BBS.
Unused insignia Edit
I'm not sure what this is supposed to be- it sounds dictionary-like to me, which we are not. I'd be willing to hear an explanation, but we may want to merge this somewhere. 31dot 23:54, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
- The page is needed becasue the subject of ranks is far too complex to integrate anywhere. There are at least 05 Officer ranks alone (Ensign, Lt, Commander, Captain, Admiral; this doesn't include intermediate ranks).18.104.22.168 04:09, January 14, 2011 (UTC)A REDDSON
Tehre is no attempt to address non-naval ranks other than a very breif blurb on Lt Colonel WEST (and mention that he was supposedly based on Lt Col Oliver NORTH; considering the WEST was a traitor, this is an unseemly connection to make). This should be corrected.22.214.171.124 04:11, January 14, 2011 (UTC)A REDDSON
- Feel free to do so, or state specifically what you would like to see included.--31dot 22:55, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
How about anything OTHER than Lt Col? If there's a "Lt Col" anything, then there is a Colonel SOMETHING, and the ranks thereof subordiante. As to "feeling free to do so" bull----. Last time I did it got erased. If I could find the name of that Federation General, you so-called "case" would be closed.126.96.36.199 03:09, January 16, 2011 (UTC)A REDDSON
- This page is based upon the ranks mentioned in canon (see also our canon policy). We don't list other ranks from the real-world. Starfleet is not a real military, and is centuries in the future. There are various explanations for West's rank of "Colonel", if you look at his talk page.– Cleanse ( talk | contribs ) 03:54, January 16, 2011 (UTC)
VOY provisional ranks Edit
The images need to be updated. The auctions a while back revealed that the edge and slashes on the pins are actually silver, while the background is still gold. --Kevin W.•Talk to me 19:17, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Speaking of these, I had a question: Does any other character aside from Chakotay use this provisional rank insignia (right)? I ask because, since it's been established that Chakotay is a full Commander (See: Talk:Chakotay#His_rank), we should be referring to that rank insignia as denoting Commander, not Lt. Commander, if he was indeed the only one seen wearing it.
- Edit: Just realized the talk page of that image raised the same issue, way back in 2008! And looking over Voyager's personnel list and the linked talk page, I'm pretty sure no one else ever wore this insignia. Any objections to me changing the article to reflect this? With a note below explaining the situation, of course, to avoid another lengthy talk page discussion. - MK (t/c) 10:25, December 25, 2015 (UTC)