Here's something odd about the Q Fan Collective DISK 1,
as released by CBS DVD/Paramount:
The DVD Disk lists "Encounter at Farpoint" [09.28.1987] as "EP. #721" (!)
instead of as "EP. #101"; the other episode numbers are listed correctly.
Is this a typo, or is there some reason for this?
- 188.8.131.52 23:43, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
- The production number of the episode was actually 721 according to some sources, but others list it as 101. It's just like with DS9, the feature length episodes are listed in the 400s (IIRC). -- Sulfur 01:28, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
- According to the Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion both are correct: 721 for the original pilot, and 101-102 for the divided episodes.
- For the record, TNG and VOY eps go up from 101, and DS9 eps go up from 401. We currently list all feature-length episodes for DS9 and VOY following this system (with no special numbers), which I'm not sure is correct.
- I started a discussion here on this point.
- Cleanse 09:34, 12 February 2008 (UTC)