Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I saw this link under McCoy's article, so I followed it and threw this in. Enjoy!
Vfd for Southern baked beansEdit
- Southern baked beans - sourced from invalid resource (I'm pretty sure, since the recipe was never revealed by McCoy), no Trek relevance in content. -- Michael Warren | Talk 20:30, 27 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- No, but I bet he would have loved it.
- There are links running to it from Leonard McCoy, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier and David McCoy. I assume it was referenced in the movie. I say we skin it down to what was said and keep. Jaf 22:19, 27 Jun 2005 (UTC)Jaf
- I second that. --Shran 22:20, 27 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- I third it. Could the recipe be incorporated into an article? I know I'd like to try it! Either that, or delete all links to it altogether, as we may not want to set a precedent for those with "recipes" for Heart of Targ, Rokeg Blood Pie, etc. We certainly know the baked bean meal was canon, however, in the 5th movie. --CMO 22:24, 27 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- I fourth that. But Memory Alpha isn't the place for recipes, unfortunately, unless the recipe was specifically said in canon (like the cocktail recipe--for the life of me, I can't remember its name--I remember Guinan describing as she made the drink). Randee15 00:21, 28 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- I fifth that. --AmdrBoltz 07:33, 28 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- I rewrote it. Perhaps adding the recipe given could be linked to the page for ships and googles? I'm fairly sure I've seen a website or two that is dedicated to, or includes (real world) fictional recipes to (Star Trek universe) fictional culinary concoctions, such as this and McCoys mint julep. --Gvsualan 07:08, 28 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. Now that its been skimmed down. As the article mentions, it was referenced in STV: TFF, therefore it has legitimacy being on Memory Alpha. -- Lincolnian 23:20, 30 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Archived --Gvsualan 08:40, 3 Jul 2005 (UTC)
This is probably a nit-pick, but...Baked? really? I'm quite certain the film showed the beans being boiled in a pot over the campfire. — Vince47 17:41, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- That's what he called them though. It's all about names. :) -- sulfur 18:00, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- Or the other way round for the redirect. Since they were specifically "southern baked beans" in the movie, it makes sense to leave them at their full and proper name. -- sulfur 20:31, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
Makes sense.--Jlandeen 21:52, November 30, 2009 (UTC)