Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Please explain how the category description disqualifies him from being categorized as a government official. This is how I interpret it:
- Major or minor role as a government official- A police department is a government agency, and deals with the public, making police officers representatives of the government agency.(officials of the agency)
- Individuals who possess an official title. Police officers have the title of Officer.
If there is some aspect of the category that I am totally lost on, then it should be put in the description, but as it stands now I don't understand why he couldn't be there.--31dot 20:47, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- That's senseless. You could just as well say "a government official got killed in Iraq today" when it was really a Sunni police officer, or an American infantryman. TribbleFurSuit 01:41, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
That doesn't answer my question. You're right, I could just as well say that. Why is a police officer not a government official? That's fine with me if it doesn't belong in that category, I'd just like to know why. I don't think that is a senseless question.--31dot 01:48, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
- The category was supposed to be for government leaders and those serving under them. A police officer is a civil servant or government employee. I work for a municipal government, and am essentially on the same tier as a police officer when it comes to representing the government I work for, yet I am hardly considered a "government official," anymore than the police officer who is paid from the same payroll...the mayor, city manager, and then expanding to state and national government, elected or ascended government types (which isn't necessarily true in all cases, but was the jist, based on the discussion for the category), that was the whole purpose what was originally included here. --Alan 01:54, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you for your information. --31dot 02:00, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
- I'm sure you can see, too, that the whole process for naming the category was anything but easy, at the time, "government officials" fit into the scheme, never even considering that Sim the policeman or Bonnie the desk secretary would ever be thought of as an "official". --Alan 02:06, 14 May 2008 (UTC)