Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For general discussion on this episode, visit the DS9 forum at The Trek BBS.
Moved from talk:USS GarudaEdit
If the USS Garuda was not seen or mentioned on screen, does anyone have a good reason to keep this particular article around? Aholland 03:31, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
- It's mentioned in the script. We have several articles like that that, such as the USS Hemingway. -- Tough Little Ship 11:05, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
Without looking at the Hemingway, there is a difference between using a script to supplement ships and other things actually seen on-screen and using discarded bits that were deleted prior to being used. This bit of dialogue was actually deleted by the creators of the episode and we should honor their creative choices. Unless there is something else, I suggest the site would be best served by deleting this. Aholland 12:06, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
- The reference may have had to be deleted due for time reasons. You just don't know. -- When it rains... it pours 18:30, 14 May 2006 (UTC)
But whether deleted for time reasons, artistic reasons, continuity purposes, or other reasons, a deletion is a deletion. It wasn't used. It wasn't seen. It doesn't exist for purposes of Trek. Otherwise we might as well include information from deleted scenes like the Memory Wall from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, or where Kirk told Scotty he didn't want his nephew Peter to be in Starfleet Academy, or any other scenes that were filmed and discarded. We shouldn't treat material excised from films the same as that which was included. I will offer this up for deletion if there isn't something else supporting its inclusion on the site. Aholland 01:58, 15 May 2006 (UTC)
- I know the article on the Garuda was deleted, but just where did the information on it being a Nebula-class ship come from? -- Tough Little Ship 14:03, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
- Because in describing the Garuda, the script stated: "There's a Prometheus-class ship docked on the lower pylon (stock from "SECOND SIGHT")." By "Prometheus-class" it would appear they meant "class of the USS Prometheus (NCC-71201)" from "Second Sight" which was a Nebula-class. Otherwise, the "real" Prometheus class, if taken literally, was still three seasons away. --Alan del Beccio 04:58, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
I believe this is the first episode where Sisko has a beard. 126.96.36.199 04:44, September 4, 2010 (UTC)
No, the first facial hair on sisko was 2 episodes ago: "Explorers". I realize this is 5 years later but just didnt want other readers to consider this as true. 188.8.131.52 15:26, February 12, 2015 (UTC)
Note about Bashir's enhancements. Edit
Should a note be made in the trivia section about how at this point the writers had not conceived of the idea that Bashir was genetically enhanced and that therefor the scene where he gets 'in the zone' in more innocent and funny (rather than how it looks in retrospect that he is taking Quark for a ride to make some latinum) Lt.Lovett (talk) 11:28, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Such a comment would be original research unless the writers themselves commented on it(and the comment can be cited). 31dot (talk) 19:14, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
Well the quotes about Enhancements on the page for Doctor Bashir, I Presume state that it was a very late in the day that they came up with it. So that would be applicable I think.Lt.Lovett (talk) 14:50, December 14, 2013 (UTC)