Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Can anyone provide any canon or semi-canon justification for the application of this unused terminology to these undefined attachments that may or may not all be used for the same purposes? Offhand, I've found one background source that describes among the additions to the Bozeman model as being "sensor turrets", but it wasn't specified if it was the outrigger "pods" or the upper and lower "cannon" looking devices on the aft of the ship...--Alan 00:24, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Perhaps we should just move the article to pod or delete it all together. Ex Astris states that the pods on the Bozeman were sensor pods, so I'll contact Bernd to see who is source was. Ambassador/Ensign_Q 14:22, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
I believe this is all the available information given on the Soyuz class, which again mentions the "sensor turrets", without specifying the component. For the runabout the term "roll bar" was used to describe the feature on the USS Ganges in the Star Trek Encyclopedia, a technical briefing in the July 2002 Star Trek: The Magazine simply describes it as a "pod" attached to the "roll bar". Incidentally, there is a link on the Ganges page describing a: mission module. The most remote answer I can come up with is based on a similar and seemingly related term that crops up in "The Forsaken", with regards to describing "Pup": "No science modules, no communications system, and enough computer capacity to run a Galaxy class starship." --Alan 20:10, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- Just got this email back from Bernd:
- Ambassador/Ensign_Q wrote:
- >What is your source that states that the pods on the Soyuz-class were specifically "sensor pods"? This in relation to an PNA on the MA article "sensor pod".
- I took that from the Encyclopedia II that mentions "several large outboard sensor pods" in the entry about the Soyuz.
- Best regards,
- Bernd Schneider
- So it appears we have an encyclopedic entry about sensor pods in relation to the Soyuz, but none for the Saratoga or the Danube. Ambassador/Ensign_Q 00:03, 16 September 2008 (UTC)