Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Selar is cited as an example of Wikipedia:Chuck Cunningham Syndrome. -- <unsigned>
- What's Chuck Cunningham Syndrome? There's no article by that name on Wikipedia. IanWatson 03:53, 16 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- There is, a quick search confirms that, see: Chuck Cunningham syndrome. --Alan del Beccio 04:27, 16 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Selar served aboard the alternate Enterprise-D created after the Enterprise-C emerged from a temporal rift into the year 2366, and was heard paged over the ship's com system. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise")For what it's worth, the DVD captions for this episode, at least on the "Fan Collective Time Travel" version, show Dr. "Salar," not "Selar," being paged. Although the closed-captioning used for broadcast TV is usually riddled with errors, I have found DVD captions to be quite accurate for the most part. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
- Captions are not to be trusted when it comes to proper names, no matter if it's on TV or DVD. Caption writers writer based on what they hear, not what it is in the script or other official production resources. --From Andoria with Love 06:42, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
- See Memory-Alpha's canon policy, subsection "Production and reference materials. Also, please sign your comments by typing ~~~~ :) -Rhinecanthus rectangulus 03:10, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- In short... yes. It's a rule. Captions are written by people unassociated with the production, with no access to production material. They write what they hear. -- Sulfur 03:20, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Ah, I knew there was a possibility for a Worf/Selar pairing... yes... score! Selar is the best minor character, really... ever. I know that the Star Trek books aren't considered canon, but in the book 'Eyes of the Beholders' Selar goes back to Vulcan to be a science-type-person-thing there. With her adopted Andorian kid, Thala. 188.8.131.52 00:18, April 27, 2012 (UTC)iris-chan