- MA files from this episode (28) • MA remastered files from this episode (1)
- Template:Titles/Second Chances yields Second Chances (TNG 6x24)
For general discussion on this episode, visit the TNG forum at The Trek BBS.
- "The name Thomas means twin. It is unknown if this is a coincidence or not."
- I removed the following, per MA:NIT:
- * A little error made its way to the final version. In minute 16, when Riker shouts "I gave you an order...", one can see where the picture is joined. It is evident at the bottom at Riker's arm.
- For this note, the first bit is more relevant to Thomas Riker, and the second bit duplicated a previous note:
- * It has not been revealed what post Lieutenant Riker held aboard the Potemkin, but script materials suggested he might have taken over the operations officer position in an unused storyline.
- – Cleanse 04:19, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
- As I understand it, they didn't truly come from the matter of one as much as they did from the same pattern. Basically the one Riker is converted into energy, which is split into two patterns with half as much energy. Then each receives extra energy (from the distortion and the transporter respectively) which means that when they're converted back to matter, they're whole. I expect they would have discussed this in the forums.220.127.116.11 03:19, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
The first minute... Edit
Did anyone notice the song Riker was playing on the trombone at the beginning of the episode? I believe it was "I Remember You."
(I also found another coincidence. If that was the song Riker was playing, it is odd because Brent Spiner came out with an album recently (Dreamland) and one of the songs on the album is "I remember you" . Coincedence?) --18.104.22.168 07:57, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
"Irregular" Uniform (Deanna) Edit
It is the first appearance of Deanna Troi in her "irregular" uniform since "Chain of Command, Part I" (not counting "Ship in a Bottle" where she was actually as a holodeck simulation).
Continuity Error Edit
The story states that Will Riker was promoted (presumably from Lt. to Lt. Cmdr) for his actions in the evacuation of Nervala IV. As both Riker incarnations were involved in that evacuation, shouldn't Thomas Riker been properly addressed as Lt. Cmdr?
22.214.171.124 15:43, August 12, 2013 (UTC)