Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Scots do not make "whiskey"; they make "whisky".
- Unfortunately, any random seeker of "Scotch whiskey" might not know that and their search won't bring them to this article. --Gvsualan 17:31, 25 Dec 2004 (CET) --Gvsualan 17:31, 25 Dec 2004 (CET)
Why the "[sic]" in Checkov's quote? It doesn't add or clarify. 9er 15:19, 27 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Because an earlier edit today changed "inwented" to "invented", the first being the way Chekov pronounced it. Either this should be changed back, or the "[sic]" should be removed as it is now without any function. I'm not really sure about what might be the preferred action. Any opinions? -- Cid Highwind 15:24, 27 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- If your using an actual quote, revert back to Chekov's russian accent and [sic]. Otherwise it should probably be paraphrased instead of quoted.--Mike Nobody 15:27, 27 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Agreed; I've changed it back to the way it was before. And for the record, 9er, when you edited the article, it was currently in use by another user (namely, Tough Little Ship), as evidenced by the "in use" notice that was at the top of the page. In the future, please do not edit articles while they are in use, so as to avoid edit conflicts. Thanks! --From Andoria with Love 16:44, 27 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- I began editing before the "in use" notice was posted, so I didn't see it until after I posted my changes. The preview function doesn't reflect any edits by others made in the meantime, apparently. If it's possible, this would be a good feature to have. --9er 16:55, 27 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Ah, I see. My apologies then. Yes, I agree, that would be a good thing to have. It would certainly save some trouble. --From Andoria with Love 18:00, 27 Oct 2005 (UTC)