Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What is the exact organizational scheme for this page? For example, should it be by species? Does Janeway belong in the "Starfleet" section or the "Human" section? Does the "Human" section only represent pre-Starfleet humans? What criteria should be used for "Noted" scientists versus minor scientists? --Jim 22:56, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
- It's a new page, so it's still being determined, I guess. I'd say let's keep it by species and get rid of the "Starfleet" section, merging it into the applicable species section. We can make a notation, either after the entry or as a footnote, for one that were part of Starfleet. As far as "Noted" versus otherwise... my guess is that anyone mentioned in an episode has been noted... :) -- Renegade54 23:27, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
- That sounds good to me. --Jim 23:33, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
Split page Edit
This article needs to be split up in several. Following naming conventions, Scientist should define the term "scientist" (if such is necessary), a "list of scientists" should be located at Scientists, facilities, institutions and prizes should have their separate list articles as well... -- Cid Highwind 15:35, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
- OK, I think it is done. I left "Types of scientist", as that made sense to me to be here. --OuroborosCobra talk 16:40, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
Moved from Talk:Theoretical scientistEdit
Was this even mentioned in Trek that Cochrane was a Theoretical scientist? -- Enzo Aquarius 19:19, 23 May 2005 (UTC)
Well he was the first to check the warp 'theory'? --Matthew 00:52, 9 May 2006 (UTC)
Merge suggestion Edit
We're not a dictionary, so we don't need separate article for "theoretical scientist" and "scientist". Merge these pages - however, some content (for example section "Theories") definitely needs to be moved to other articles, and descriptions of individuals might better be placed on their articles instead... -- Cid Highwind 19:17, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
- Agreed. I planned to suggest that exact merger myself, as a matter of fact. :) -- Renegade54 19:26, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
- Agree, and and this article may also need to be split up like scientist just was. Many of these scientists whould be moved to the scientists article. Maybe I'll do that now. --OuroborosCobra talk 19:30, 16 August 2006 (UTC)