Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In the text commentary from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (The Director's Edition), Mike Okuda makes reference to a TV movie or pilot for which Montalban collaborated with Gene Roddenberry. I am relatively sure it was Black Water Gold (the name just rung a bell for me), but I can find no evidence of it online (not even at IMDb) and I'm not positive that was the movie. I currently do not have access to the DVD, so if anyone else is will to sit through the movie and read the commentary, by all means. (I can tell you it was during one of Khan's scenes aboard the Reliant, but that's all I remember. Good luck!) --From Andoria with Love 04:25, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I was able to check the DVD and have found the answer. Adding it. --From Andoria with Love 03:17, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
Captions on PhotosEdit
The dates on the photos of Montalban playing Khan are not the "dates" of Khan; they were in the 23rd Century. The captions should be changed to "as Khan Noonien Singh in 1966" or "Montalban (as Khan) in 1966". As they stand, it appears that the character Khan was in those two times when the photos were taken. Mal7798 06:32, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- I see the character's name and the year of the appearance. Being a real world article that is what I would expect to see, not the fictional year that he appeared in. --Alan 06:34, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for reading... --Alan 06:38, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- It appeared as if it was saying that those were photos of Khan set in 1966 and 1982. They were photos of Montalban taken in those years. I worded it in a way that may have corrected some ambiguity. Mal7798 06:47, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
When exactly was his death? I've seen two conflicting dates from the 13th and the 14th...shran? — Morder 00:05, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
- Montalban died at 6:30AM on January 14th. --From Andoria with Love 05:47, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
Name change Edit
I saw that as well and I had assumed we didn't change his name because he was credited with the accent mark...not sure what our standards are on this because we already have a redirect from proper names to credited names not sure if the article should keep the credited name over proper name. — Morder 20:29, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
- Credited over proper. And a redirect from the proper. That's our habit elsewhere. -- sulfur 20:42, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
- The only time he was ever credited with the accent outside of his Mexican-made films was The Colbys (and maybe Dynasty). Birth name aside, he was almost always credited without the accent and was credited on Trek in this matter, thus we will need to refer to him without the accent. --From Andoria with Love 22:31, 19 January 2009 (UTC)