Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kirk's quarters in the moviesEdit
Has anyone noticed that in the first and second star trek movie Kirk's quarters are a lot more lavish than in the sixth? In the second movie we see Spock's quarters too. Even though he's captain of the vessel, he seems to be assigned much smaller quarters. In ST:VI Kirk's quarters appear to be reduced in size to resemble that of Spock in ST:II/ST:III. Is it possible that the larger, lavish quarters we see in I and II are reserved for flag officers and Kirk had to downgrade his quarters when he was demoted to Captain? Federation 05:44, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
Spock's is seen in a scene on VI Lt. T 03:22, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
- As originally conceived, senior officers (ie, Department Heads and CO) had the two room quarters shown for Kirk in TMP, with a separate sleeping area and work area with corner nook. Spock's quarters as shown in II/III don't make this plain because of the camera angles/placements the director chose. The exact layout is documented by Shane Johnson in "Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise", and is derived from Johnson's personal inspection of the actual film sets.
- Obviously, sometime between IV and VI, space became more of a premium, and the Senior Officers were reduced to one room quarters as shown in that film.Capt Christopher Donovan 04:11, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
Crew Quarter AssignmentsEdit
Can we somehow incorporate the traditions associated with arranging crew quarters for high-ranking visiting officials, as mentioned by Worf in DS9: "Rapture"? I think it's worth mentioning but I can't quite remember the exact phrasing. If anyone has seen the episode recently, could you add it? -- TrekFan Talk 16:14, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
- perhaps it could be merged into the one article simply called quarters (Thetrekinator 15:04, March 25, 2010 (UTC))
- Let me gather all of the relevant information for pages that link to this and then we can move it to Crew Quarters, which is where I first looked to see if this was already created.--Obey the Fist!! 15:09, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I SUPPORT merging this page with Crew quarters and changing this into a redirect, as 31dot suggested. This is where this information should be in the first place.--Obey the Fist!! 15:28, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Well then, let's move this article already!! :) --Obey the Fist!! 20:13, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
does anyone have any pictures of guest quarters that could be added to the article (Thetrekinator 15:22, March 26, 2010 (UTC))