Spelling Edit

Where does the spelling of this word come from? Klingon for the Galactic Traveler mentions a slender-bladed knife called a ghonDoq, and though that's an apocryphal source, I'm wondering if perhaps somebody misread this as qhonDoq. --Tesseraktik (talk) 23:18, September 16, 2012 (UTC)

I was just going to ask the same question, before I read yours. It really looks like somebody misread g as q, but since the book was published 7 years after the episode, the athor cannot have used it. What may be possible is that the author of the episode used the Klingon dictionary to look for klingon spelling and made something up, and THEN did the misreading? Okrand afterwards corrected the spelling back... Anyway, I chekced the script of the episode and did not find that word. -- Klingonteacher (talk) 14:17, December 13, 2015 (UTC)


This name seems to be non-canon. It's not in the script- the script specifies the weapons used against Picard should be the same as those used against Kurn- and it's not in the Encyclopedia. So, unless someone can point out a valid production source, this should be merged with Klingon blade weapons. The two knifes of Picard's would-be assassins are already featured there. Kennelly (talk) 21:44, August 29, 2016 (UTC)

Support--Memphis77 (talk) 22:20, August 29, 2016 (UTC)
This would be much easier to merge if someone could attempt to identify and describe what the weapon looks like because there is no other context or description to un-name it by. --Alan del Beccio (talk) 14:11, July 20, 2017 (UTC)
Support a merge into Klingon weapons (where it already appears to be). The weapon itself appears to be more of a dagger than a knife but that's just my personal view. --| TrekFan Open a channel 23:53, February 3, 2018 (UTC)