Did Playmates produce the Micro Machine ships? Or was it Galoob? (If that's spelt correctly) -- User:188.8.131.52 15:40, 10 May 2005 (UTC)
- Galoob did Micro Machines. Those things are great! – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
I'm trying to think of an "encyclopedic" way to state how disappointing it is that Playmates is making new low-quality Star Trek toys related to the film.
We've had seven years of being able to buy well-made toys from Art Asylum and it's been a decade since we've seen substandard Playmates offerings, but I guess the good times are over. Is AA retaining rights to continue making "pre-2009" Trek toys? -- Captain MKB 02:08, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think there is any way to state it other than facts, not opinion. State that they're making the toys for the new movie, that's about it. --OuroborosCobra talk 02:19, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
It's still a real shame -- poor molding/likenesses, not great modeling/articulation -- I was getting used to having the offerings be posable and resembling the person they were modeled after. -- Captain MKB 02:26, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- The Enterprise and the phaser are pretty damn nifty, though. :) That said, I knew when it was announced that Playmates was making the toys that the quality of the product wouldn't be great. Playmates makes toys more for playing than for collecting. They don't seem to have the scanning technology which McFarlane Toys and Art Asylum have, which allows their toys to more accurately resemble the character in the movie. --From Andoria with Love 02:43, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- I've now acquired the Enterprise and find it to be a pretty good investment - the sound is annoying, but the lighting is excellent. The phaser is good too, although i'm tempted to customize it with a new paintjob - the ones in the movie were shiny, but not quite to the wrapped-in-foil look of the toy. Thanks for the recommendation! -- Captain MKB 15:48, April 10, 2011 (UTC)
Walmart find 20 years after the factEdit
- Great find. Probably in the $150-200 range on a good day, if the box is pristine and factory sealed. Darth Duranium (talk) 21:07, January 20, 2016 (UTC)