Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I fail to see the connection between reproduction (the category) and a heart transplant. Does anyone know?--31dot 02:07, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- The category is right for the name of this page. However in the context of the show it probably means the creation of a new heart based on sample tissues from picard - an asexual reproduction of the heart...who knows? someone probably thought it sounded neat. — Morder 02:32, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, certain needs to be honed to fit the content on "parthenogenetic implant", perhaps even moving it to that name to avoid this odd conflict. --Alan 02:36, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- I support a move. — Morder 02:37, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- I have no objection to moving the page, however I thought that there should be an article for the medical procedure (parthenogentic transplant) and one for the scientific concept (parthenogenesis). Although parthenogenesis might be different in the Trek universe, if it is related to reproduction of heart cells or parts then even if it is asexual reproduction it is accurately categorized. I'm not sure where the inaccuracy lies since the science nor the procedure is explained in detail in the episode in question. – Vivec 00:12, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Except that there's no canon reference for parthenogenesis. — Morder 00:13, 18 May 2009 (UTC)