Pakled image Edit
This image seems distorted to me, looks like it has been stretched vertically. Alex Peckover 15:44, Aug 4, 2004 (CEST) stretch
- Uploaded new image. Ottens 16:08, 4 Aug 2004 (CEST)
- Found the problem, I was making the screenshots the wrong way. Q 17:03, 4 Aug 2004 (CEST)
Mental Ability Edit
Do you suppose that the Pakleds have poor social skills or are poorly-skilled in general? I think the average Pakled's IQ equates to an equivalent Human IQ of 50 - 75, right? --22.214.171.124 18:32, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- Not sure how we could measure that, based on aliens in a TV show. You are right, they could be very skilled at their native pursuits (whatever those are), but communicating with Humans and fixing technology are not in their forte -- not stupid, but different...
- Are you proposing a change to the article? -- Captain M.K.B. 18:37, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- The article says they are more clever than they appear, but that doesn't seem to actually be the case. Remember how easily they believed Laforge had switched sides, and how they fell for a harmless light show posing as a display of strength. These Pakleds at least were amoral and willing to take advantage of people trying to help them, but that doesn't make them clever. 126.96.36.199 23:49, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
Does the second appearance count? Edit
"A person wearing a Pakled costume can be seen in the bar on Ronara Prime in "Preemptive Strike", however, they lack the Pakled-make-up" I don't recall the actual appearance of the extra in question, but from this quote it sounds like it's saying that an ordinary looking Human extra was wearing Pakled clothing?--188.8.131.52 00:05, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, the "appearance" is dubious as you say, and is noted in italics. A Pakled transport was mentioned independently of this "appearance" though, and that is what is noted in the main text.--Tim Thomason 00:13, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
- Just checked the script and transcript, it doesn't seem that the Ferengi are mentioned. Some of their technology is attributed to others, such as the Romulans, but not the Ferengi. --OuroborosCobra talk 02:56, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
You could be miss remembering that the Ferengi bought warp technology for another species.
The names of the Pakleds seems so far to be reversed "regular" names :